Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Resolutions have always been something that I wrote down on New Year's Eve, stuffed in a box, and let fade away after the new year hype was gone. I don't know that I've ever completed a goal that I've written down. I want this year to be different. I'm already making so many changes within my attitude and beliefs that I want to keep going with more aspects of my life.

Instead of letting these goals fade away in a journal that was never written in again after January 6th, I'm going to post these somewhere that I am forced to look at them everyday and push myself to complete them.

My goals range from basic to personal to almost odd, but that's okay. These goals are the things that I want to accomplish for myself, not for anyone else.

I want to do something adventurous.
Most of my life has been going through a daily routine of sitting around, watching tv, eating badly, and writing or editing on my computer. Living like this has caused me to build a bubble of fear and anxiety around anything slightly outdoorsy, especially now that I've hit college. I want to push my comfort zone and try something new that I've always been afraid to do. (I'm really thinking surfing lessons. Yikes!)

I want to put more into my passions.
I've found many of my passions since being in college, and I'm so proud. I know I love Photoshop, video editing, and writing stories. I know I have a huge heart for concerts/music festivals and Disney. I may not know exactly where this passions are going to take more or how long the journey to success will be, but I'm ready to invest myself into them 110%.

I want to keep developing my own style.
For the past few years my style has gone through so many different phases it's scary. Sometimes I wanted to be boho chill then retro then preppy then edgy then a bum then a hippie. I'm finally starting to develop this merged style of an edgy hippie that lives near a beach. When you think about it, that's basically me anyway. This goal may seem silly to a lot of people, but changing styles so many times was for others - not for myself. When my style kept changing for others, I was losing myself. I never got a chance to be Kelsey because I was only being the idea of Kelsey that everyone else liked. There would be some days when I would cry myself to sleep because I was so confused about who I was supposed to be. This in itself affected every other aspect of my life, especially when it came to sticking with a major.

I want to attend more concerts (+ warped tour).
Hello, this is one of the things I want to do with my life and I've only been to a handful of concerts. Instead of spending extra money on fast food and movies I don't need, I want to put it aside for a concert.

I want to self publish my first book.
This is one of my biggest goals this year. I've been in the process of writing a novel for about six months. I haven't been putting as much work in it as I should, but that's going to change this year. I want to work on it a little every day and try to have it out by the beginning of summer.

I want to make a memory jar.
This is such a great way to remember all the good, hilarious, and positive things that have happened throughout the year.

Clean eating + more yoga.
Yes, this is the most basic goal of all time, but it's so important. I want to get my body in the best shape it can be in. Why keep feeding my body processed trash? I can only do so much and feel so confident when I'm unhealthy. That's been a personal struggle for years.

Keep the positive vibes flowing.
I'm already making so many positive changes in my life it seems silly to stop now and let negativity flow back into my thoughts. Meditation and positive thinking are my new best friends.

Stop treating resolutions like rules.
I firmly believe that most people don't complete resolutions and goals because they take them too seriously. They stress about finishing then completely give up. I want to look at my goals as experiences that I GET to complete. It's a blessing to be alive and well enough to mark these items off of a goal list.

No comments:

Post a Comment